31 July 2020
Brewing Summer Course
Basic raw materials in brewing: Malt, Water, Hops
Basic Proces: Brewhouse, Brewer's yeast,
Fermentation, maturation and filtration, process equipment
Beer Packaging; Container types.
The role of beer in society
The Danish and International Brewing Industry
Beer and health, the basics
Beer styles; introduction and taste tasting
Visit to a brewery
- Basic understanding of the manufacturing processes of beer in a classic brewery with respect to impact from raw materials, brewhouse – and fermentation processes.
- Knowledge of most popular beer styles and their use in context with beer and food.
- Basic understanding of the role of beer in society
- Basic understanding of the role for beer and health
- Apply academic methodology to describe basic manufacturing beer and beer’s role in society.
- Read and use original scientific literature regarding beer and beer manufacturing.
- Evaluate the role of beer in society, beer and health, modern beer containers based on literature, on lectures and partly also own project work and scientific literature.
DKK 2125: EU/EEA citizens
DKK 3800: Non-EU/EEA citizens