3 July 2018
Refugee and Migrant Crisis: New challenges of integration
The University of Sheffield International Faculty CITY College
The University of Sheffield Department of Politics
The University of Sheffield Department of Sociological Studies
> About the summer school
Learn, Experience & Volunteer
Have we moved from the post-2014 refugee and migrant crisis management to refugee integration in Europe or are we still in a transitional state? What are the new challenges that arise? How does the migrant crisis connect with the different socio-economic and political crises occurring in wider Europe? How does that affect the day to day life of people residing in refugee sites?
Attend lectures on migration and integration, listen to real life experiences, views and insights from people working in NGOs and public authorities managing migration flows and integration in Greece and volunteer on site with an NGO.
> Our Focus
The summer school focuses on making students aware of the post-2014 migrant crisis, its wider political, economic and social implications and the new challenges rising from refugee integration, through a series of lectures, workshops, guest speeches and volunteering.
> Main Themes and Activities
Lectures - Workshops - Experiential Learning - Group Work - Coaching Sessions - Volunteering
• Challenges of Refugee and Migrant Integration
• Financial Aspects of Refugee and Migrant Integration
• The socio-political impact of Refugee and Migrant Integration
• Human Rights, Refugee Laws & Refugee Protection
• NGOs, Governmental Agencies and Refugee Management
• Thessaloniki: 2500 years of history: Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman and Jewish past of the city
• Coaching Session for Volunteers
• Volunteer work
Aims of the Programme
Through this summer school students will have the chance to:
• Expand their knowledge on the post-2014 migrant crisis
• Understand how the migrant crisis affects every aspect of modern society
• Familiarise themselves with the challenges of integration
• Volunteer on site and understand how the life of people residing in refugee sites is shaped by the new realities
EUR 0: For more information about the fees please contact email@example.com.
Applicants interested in applying for a scholarship for the summer school may send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.