31 August 2018
Qualitative Research Methods in Health Care
This basic 5-day course teaches participants how to conduct a qualitative research starting from a research question, and how to progress to writing a scientific paper. This basic course provides hands-on tools for starting researchers to be able to start up, perform and finish a qualitative study independently and scientifically rigorous.
Experienced qualitative researchers of international repute will lead the course and share their experience in a variety of research projects. Participants are encouraged to bring their own experiences of research, including their questions, doubts and failures.
These are the lectures and workshops in brief:
• Qualitative inquiry: a different paradigm + exercises
• Setting up a qualitative research project + workshop
• Reflections on own research projects in private consultations (optional)
• Data-collection techniques (interviews, focus group discussions and observations) + workshops
• Analysing qualitative data + workshop
• Appraising quality and reporting + workshop
• Qualitative data analysis using NVivo software
This year we invite an international speaker to talk about conversation analysis in qualitative health research.
Early career researchers, PhD-students, Master students (max 5), professionals, in a field related to health care. Experience in qualitative research is not required.
3 ECTS credits are awarded upon successful completion of the programme.
EUR 1000: Regular registration
EUR 940: Reduced early registration fee (registration before 1 May)