8 June 2018
Sustainable and smart urban growth
This program is set up around multiple visits to the Randstad Megapolis.
The 'Randstad' is not a one city; it is a dynamic metropolitan region characterizing the presence of the four largest Dutch cities, Amsterdam; Rotterdam; Hague and Utrecht.
During this week you’ll be learning about the Megapolis called the Randstad and which role it plays in the Netherlands, Europe and the world. Focus will be on the smart model of sustainable use of resources: think of sustainable living environments, intra and inter urban mobility projects, flood management projects, climate change neutral housing projects and other key infrastructure projects on urban development.
Vishal Dubey -CEPT University, India
Don Guikink - NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences, the Netherlands
Graduate students in relevant fields
• Theory in International Spatial Development around different themes:
- sustainable living environment
- intra and inter urban mobility projects
- flood management projects
- climate change neutral housing project
- other key infrastructure projects on urban development
• Different city visits to the Randstad area and Brabant
Participants will receive corresponding summer school training certificate, upon successful completion of the summer school program and all attendant tasks.
EUR 750: Fee including accommodation in hostel.