13 July 2018
Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine
This year’s summer school will focus on cell therapy for tissue regeneration and immune modulation. The program will include class lectures and hands on courses in the lab targeting different raw materials like the cryopreserved clinical grade transplantable cells and therapeutic extracellular vesicles. Furthermore we will highlight the importance of entrepreneurial thinking, which is needed to transfer an academic result to a medical application for the benefit of patients. There will also be plenty of time for fruitful discussions with the lecturers and participants and several social events for networking.
For further information please visit official website.
Dirk Strunk, Michael Fischer
Qualified master students as well as MScs, PhD/doctoral students and human or veterinarian medical doctors are invited to apply. We accept the application of postdocs.
After completion of this year’s PACT Summer School, students will be able to:
• illustrate various therapeutic applications of stem cells and stem cell derived products
• discuss side effects and risks of cellular therapeutics
• estimate the milestones on the way from a stem cell therapeutic business idea to the market
• use state of the art devices that are used for delivery and control of off-the-shelf cell therapeutic products
• isolate and evaluate extracellular vesicles (EVs) from cell culture supernatants
• set up an in-vitro bioassay for testing the properties of novel substances and cell culture supernatants
Please note: If you intend to receive an official report for this course, you have to co-registrate at the BOKU until 30 April 2018.
Certificates of Participation will be issued at the end of the course.
EUR 250: The fee includes tuition, and social events during the course. Accommodation and meals must be organized individually.