6 August 2022
Multi-Criteria Decision Making
This course deliberates decision-making under uncertainty by addressing Multi-Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) techniques. MCDM is a collection of methods for trading-off different alternatives’ performance on multiple conflicting objectives; methods discussed include the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP), Analytic Network Process (ANP), and Technique for Order of Preference by Similarity to Ideal Solution (TOPSIS) methods. Both qualitative and quantitative factors are considered to evaluate alternatives.
Finally, SuperDecion software is introduced in this course as a complementary tool for the decision-making approach.
Asst. Prof. Dr. Nima Mirzaei
The students must have at least an intermediate level of English and a basic level of mathematics and statistics.
Who can participate: The course is open to undergraduate and graduate students in engineering, social sciences, humanities, communication, architecture, business, and marketing.
Upon completing the course, the students will be able to;
1. Configure the problems by analytical thinking and classify the problems.
2. Cooperate with a group for a decision-making process.
3. Implement an MCDM approach to a real-life problem and apply the method in professional practice.
4. Apply AHP, ANP, and TOPSIS multi-criteria decision-making techniques.
5. Use the computer programs (SuperDecion and Excel) to model and solve a problem.
USD 750: Program Fee Includes;50 course hours and relevant ECTS credits. Each applicant can only choose 1 course subject.
14 Nights Superior Hostel Accommodation in shared rooms
Free airport transfer (for groups 10+ students)
Two weekend sightseeing tours ( Bosphorus Boat Tour & Historical Peninsula )
Gastronomy workshop followed by cocktail party
Free Museum entrances
Graduation Ceremony and Party
Delightful Istanbul Program Amenities ( Bag, T-shirt, Notebook and Pens)