25 January 2019
Creativity and Innovation
Innovative firms grow twice as fast as firms that fail to innovate. Therefore, it is important to manage the innovation within any given company. Managing the innovation within the company is not an easy task. It requires skills and knowledge which are significantly different to the standard management toolkit and experience.
This course aims to teach students how to develop innovation strategies with a company and at the same time how to manage innovation within a company. In addition, this course aims to provide a solid grounding to students interested in managing creativity and the various aspects of the innovation process within organizations. This course contains the concept of innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity in the organisational context. In addition, the barriers to creativity and innovation are also explained within the scope of the course. This course provides important knowledge to student on creativity and innovation and related issues that could be used in professional life.
Student, who passed the course satisfactorily will be able to understand:
• Innovation – What it is and why it matters?
• How to manage innovation within company
• How to build an innovative company
• How to develop innovation strategies
• Understand sources of innovation
• Understand various Innovation diffusion theories
• Learn how to make decision under uncertainty
• How to exploit open innovation and collaboration
• “Managing Innovation: Integrating Technological, Market and Organizational Change”, by Joe Tidd and John Bessant, Wiley, 2016
• Additional teaching notes and copies of slides used during the lectures will also be provided to the students through the home page of the course.
USD 690: Early Registration Fee
USD 750: Normal Registration Fee