28 June 2019
BioBusiness Summer School
BioBusiness Summer School is a five-day course for academics who are contemplating about a career switch to industry and young professionals in their first industry jobs. This course will help you to jumpstart your business career in the Life Sciences industry. During the five day program you will learn basic knowledge of main business topics, such as product development, intellectual property rights, business models and finance. You will also gain insight in the world of Life Sciences companies, meet leading business people and expand your international network.
Master' students, PhD students, postdocs and young professionals
- Have a clear overview of the opportunities and challenges within the life sciences industry
- Be able to describe the process of product development and the challenges that might be faced
- Have gained insight into the purpose, use, legal and regulatory aspects of intellectual property rights and how to obtain them.
- Be able to discuss various types of business models in life sciences industry and link organisations to these business models.
- Have gained insight into the concept of financial statements, costs and revenue allocations, budgeting and forecasting.
- Have expanded their business network in life sciences.
- Have gained insight into what career opportunities there are in industry
EUR 999: Early-bird fee (until 02-04-2019)
EUR 1169: Regular fee