2 July 2022
Brand Management and Marketing Communication
This course aims to combine a perspective of brand management and marketing communications with a strong practical focus, reflected on an extensive scrutiny of contemporary cases, across a variety of sectors and geographies.
Prof. João Faria Gomes
- MA in Management, Universidade Católica Portuguesa
- Guest Professor at ISCTE-IUL
- Specialization in Business Strategy, Brand Strategy, Brand Management, Brand Identity, Marketing.
Bachelor and Master level students
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- Understand brand fundamentals, brand management scope and identify characteristics of leading brands;
- Understand and develop brand strategy elements, co-ordinated with business strategy;
- Understand how to co-ordinate brand strategy with brand expression, marketing communications, applications development and implementation.
Usually the evaluation is based on class participation, individual / group work and a final test but this may vary from programme to programme. Therefore, we recommend you to check each programme syllabus to see the grading system that is applied.
For those who successfully complete the course (get approval on their programme and do not miss more than 20% of the classes) an Academic Transcript will be issued. This transcript will indicate the total of hours, the ECTS credits earned and the respective grade in ECTS scale. For those who failed the course, a Certificate of Attendance will be given.
EUR 1150: (Students from Iscte partner universities - 1 000€)
The programme on campus fee includes:
• Course materials;
• Team Building event;
• Use of the library, PC labs and Iscte facilities;
• Public transportation card in Lisbon;
• Airport pick-up service (to be confirmed);
• Welcome lunch and farewell session,
• Transcript of Records or Certificate of attendance (in case the student does not complete the course with success).
Some leisure activities, such as visits to museums and trips outside Lisbon, are not included in this fee and are paid upon arrival in Lisbon.
Unfortunately, there is no scholarship available for our summer school.