14 July 2019
Energy and Environmental Economics
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- Develop a comprehensive overview of the main challenges facing the energy sector, together with a detailed analysis of the main policy issues;
- Review worldwide relevant regulatory experiences in the energy sector;
- Learn about recent competition policy cases in the energy sector and the lessons derived from them;
- Understand the impact of the existing regulatory framework for operators in energy markets;
- Provide a deep understanding of the main recent concepts and tools regarding the performance of energy markets;
- Learn to assess the relevant trade-offs posed by current developments of energy policy;
- Recognize the role of energy financial markets and learn with experts in the field;
- Acquire knowledge about the functioning of energy facilities and financial trade in energy markets;
- Infer about the role and the contribution of renewable energies to energy and environmental economics.
Prof. Mónica Meireles
- Director of BSc in Economics;
- Vice-Director of the Department of Economics at IBS;
- Co-founder member of APEEN – the Portuguese Association of IAEE.
The summer programmes are available for students at bachelor or master level and those who are interested in having an international academic experience at ISCTE Business School.
Usually the evaluation is based on class participation, individual / group work and a final test but this may vary from programme to programme. Therefore, we recommend you to check each programme syllabus to see the grading system that is applied.
For those who successfully complete the course (get approval on their programme and do not miss more than 20% of the classes) an Academic Transcript will be issued. This transcript will indicate the total of hours, the ECTS credits earned and the respective grade in ECTS scale. For those who failed the course, a Certificate of Attendance will be given.
EUR 700: If the student withdraws the application before the beginning of the course, 200€ of the amount paid will be retained by ISCTE and the rest refunded (bank fees charged will be borne by the student). In case of cancellation after this date, no reimbursements can be made.
Unfortunately, there is no scholarship available for summer schools but we can recommend this website: http://www.scholarshipportal.eu/ where you may look for some financial support to come to Lisbon.