12 August 2022
Cross Cultural Communication and Negotiation
To be successful in the world of globalised business one needs competences. One of these is the ability to communicate effectively in different cultural settings. In addition, cultural differences matters in international negotiatons. Developing cross-cultural competences will enable you to upgrade your negotiation skills and leads you to a better international strategies development.
Prof. Álvaro Rosa
- Assistant Professor at ISCTE Business School;
- His academic and research interests are all sort of soft skills for Management, Strategy and Quality Management.
Bachelor or Master level students
This programme is designed to introduce the participants to the management of cross-cultural differences and leadership in the globalized world by being effective in communication and negotiation.
Usually the evaluation is based on class participation, individual / group work and a final test but this may vary from programme to programme. Therefore, we recommend you to check each programme syllabus to see the grading system that is applied.
For those who successfully complete the course (get approval on their programme and do not miss more than 20% of the classes) an Academic Transcript will be issued. This transcript will indicate the total of hours, the ECTS credits earned and the respective grade in ECTS scale. For those who failed the course, a Certificate of Attendance will be given.
EUR 1150: The programme on campus fee includes:
• Course materials;
• Team Building event;
• Use of the library, PC labs and Iscte facilities;
• Public transportation card in Lisbon;
• Airport pick-up service (to be confirmed);
• Welcome lunch and farewell session,
• Transcript of Records or Certificate of attendance (in case the student does not complete the course with success).
Some leisure activities, such as visits to museums and trips outside Lisbon, are not included in this fee and are paid upon arrival in Lisbon.
Unfortunately, there is no scholarship available for our summer school.