12 July 2019
European Antitrust Law
- Key concepts of competition policy and economics
- Methods for defining the relevant market
- Practical illustration of the rules applicable to vertical and horizontal agreements
- Cartels, information exchange, tacit collusion and oligopoly issues
- The abuse of a dominant market position
- Anticompetitive practices in the digital economy
- Public and private enforcement of antitrust rules
- Theory and practice of dawn raids
- The Commission’s leniency policy
Participants will be able to deepen their knowledge through case studies and workshops.
Visit of the Court of Justice
Participants in the summer course will also have the opportunity to visit the Court of Justice of the EU in Luxembourg. The maximum number of places for the visit to the CJEU in Luxembourg is 35. Places will be allocated on “first come, first served” basis.
Practitioners seeking a thorough overview of European antitrust law and its latest trends.
This course will provide participants with an in-depth understanding of the basics of EU antitrust law and a comprehensive update on the latest developments in each field.
EUR 952: Early registration discounts
10 % before 08.06.2019
20 % before 08.05.2019
25 % - For young lawyers up to 30 years of age (important: the participant must provide a copy or details of his or her passport or identity card on registration); Full-time staff of universities or comparable academic institutions; Staff of charitable organisations or comparable institutions
25 % - Discount Voucher Code
If you have a discount voucher code, please click on the option above and enter the code in the Voucher Field when you register.
40 % - Staff of European Union institutions and agencies;
Staff of ERA’s patrons (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany and the German states, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Scotland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, City of Trier)