14 July 2019
Financial Statement Analysis and Company Valuation
The goal of the course is to enable students to effectively use the following tools of financial analysis: financial ratio analysis for cash flow statements, common-size financial statements analysis, cost-volume-profit analysis, sustainable growth analysis, cash budgets, asset and inventory analysis, long-term assets and its maangement analysis, liability, debt and equity analysis, measures of the risk and growth, valuation and forecasting and pro-forma financial statements analysis; students will gain a basic understanding of loan types and be able to apply the tools of financial analysis to determine the appropriate financing instrument for companies of moderate complexity and do financial reporting. Course includes case discussions on real companies practical exapmles.
Professor, Doctor, Tea Kbiltsetskhlashvili; The Dean of the Faculty of Business Management
We offer this program for university students who has interest in Financial Statement Analysis and Company Valuation
Prerequisites for participation are a good command of written and spoken English (we do not require from students to submit language test results) and strong understanding of Financial Accounting Principles.
Course aims to give students the knowledge of:
• How to do analysis of financial statements, knowledge of construction and analysis of pro-forma financial statements;
• Budget analysis, and knowledge of the analysis of companies’ fianncial performance;
• Understanding of the financial ratios and their use for cost-volume-profit analysis, sustainable growth analysis, asset and investement analysis, liability, debt and equity analysis;
• Financial analysis techniques, how to construct financial pro-forma statements, and analyze them, knowledge of forecasting financial performance of the firm.
• Use spreadsheet programs to compute the tools of financial analysis including pro-forma statements;
• How to collect, sort and analyze necessary financial information and data in order to conduct financial analysis and forecasts, to prepare analytical and forecasting reports and do financial reporting to interested party.
• How to forecast future financial performance of business units using financial ratio analysis of pro-forma statements.
5 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System)
EUR 420: The course fee includes:
• the application fee and necessary study materials;
• free internet access on campus;
• access to library from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm;
• free SIM card;
• cultural and social activities: city tour/excursion.
The course fee does not include:
• personal expenses.