16 June 2019
Quantitative Research Summer School
Core elements of statistical analysis covering a range of quantitative skill areas including regression, contingency tables and continuous data in a problem-based learning environment.
This course aims to develop key statistical skills in students. Learning will be oriented towards:
- Assessing the strengths and limitations of using regression analysis for the establishment of causal inference; This includes:
- Distinction between causality, correlation or association
- Levels of measurement (e.g. nominal, ordinal, interval, ratio)
- Methods of regression analysis (e.g. OLS and logistic regression) and related
- Learning how to respond to research questions with the application of statistical methods of analysis, mainly regression methods, with the help of statistical software.
- Learning how to interpret the outcome of regression models and contextualise the results within broader theories.
15 Credits (ECTS 7.5) for transfer purposes
GBP 0: Without Accommodation: £1,400
With Accommodation included: £1,650
Fees Include full tuition for the summer school, accommodation, teaching materials, a welcome meal, full access to the University library facilities and social trips each Wednesday and at the weekend into London.
We have 20 x £500 Internationalisation Scholarships available for the Canterbury Summer Schools available to students not currently studying at the University of Kent. If you wish to apply for a scholarship you will need to select 'School scholarship' at