24 August 2019
Digital Transformation – Challenges and Impacts on Economy and Society
Details: https://f4.hs-hannover.de/internationales/summer-school/index.html. Contact us: email@example.com. Financial support possible. Content - in short:
We take a 360° view of digitalization: You learn about the necessity to change business models, processes, IT architectures. As well, you learn about Business Intelligence and Data Mining for realizing digitalization.
The two-week-program is composed of lectures with practical case studies, group work, panel discussions, an intercultural workshop, company visits, offers of leisure activities, e.g. a trip to Berlin. There will also be a chance to get to know Hanover and its surroundings and much more.
Prof. Dr. Dagmar Mack, Professor of Business Information Systems / CRM
Kathrin Witte-Griese, Head of Team International Programmes
The summer school is open to all students interested in digitalization: Undergraduate students studying
Business Information Systems, Business Administration, Management Systems, Computer Sciences or related areas are very welcome to join the summer school. We are happy to receive your application as of now.
By the end of the Summer School:
(1) Students understand
- the different aspects of digitalization, its impacts on economy, society,
- and the different methods of digital transformation.
(2) Students know
- the different dimensions of digitalization, such as transforming business models, process organizations, organizational structures, IT,
- main IT Architectures for digitalization,
- main enablers of digitalization like Big Data, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, collaboration.
(3) Students are able to apply
- different Business Intelligence applications and Data Mining methods,
- design thinking, working out loud, group model building, buildmeasure-learn-loop to real problems by using appropriate tools.
(4) Group exercises and workshops support the enhancement of social competencies.
EUR 250: For visiting students. This fee covers accommodation, meals during lectures and official events, and the transport costs DURING the stay at Hanover, and the visit to Berlin. Good news: depending on the country of origin, a partial refund of travel costs TO and FROM Hanover will be granted on the basis of the Refund Policy. Example: If you are traveling from the US East Coast to Hanover, travel costs up to € 1175 are granted. Further financial support is possible. Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
EUR 50: For presence students of Hochschule Hannover - University of Applied Sciences and Arts.
Visiting students, only: Reimbursement of travel expenses TO and FROM Hanover and the payment of flat-rate subsistence allowances are possible (granted from DAAD - German Academic Exchange Service).