16 August 2019
#Future4Europe: Key Settings for a Changing European Union
You will meet renowned international experts in European law, politics and economics. The lecturers are academics or practitioners and will give you an inside view of the EU. The programme includes visits to Brussels (overnight stay), Strasbourg and Saarbrücken.
This year's summer course will deal with:
- The European Union after the European elections – outcomes and conclusions
- Why Europe, or what does Europe mean to us?
- Efficient – Democratic – Transparent? The EU institutions after the elections
- Fight for common values: Human Rights Protection in Europe
- Data protection and digitalisation as a challenge: Is there a right to privacy on a global level?
- The EU’s Common Security and Defence Policy in internationally turbulent times
- Brexit – challenges for the EU and UK
- The EU Single Market – the four freedoms
- WTO and the role of EU in international trade
- The EU’s Climate Policy: Targets – Key Instruments – Challenges
EXTENDED DEADLINE: 1 JULY 2019; Admission on a rolling basis!
This course has been designed for young, active, and open-minded people (especially students and young professionals) from all fields of studies and from all over the world with a strong interest in the European Union and today's challenges
2019 – A landmark year for Europe!
The EU and its member states have to deal with Brexit and all the difficulties caused by the British withdrawal from the EU. In May, the elections to the European Parliament will take place. Their outcome and the new composition of Parliament and Commission will have a decisive influence on EU’s future policy.
#Future4Europe analyses key topics of today’s European Union and offers a broad range of subjects in politics, economics and legal aspects of European integration.
We invite you to take part in this academically demanding programme: Explore the European capitals with us and experience the inspiring and exciting atmosphere of an international seminar.
Take this opportunity and apply for the European Summer Course 2019!
EUR 990: The participation fee includes:
- the programme fee
- field trips to Brussels, Strasbourg, Saarbrücken
- full board (all meals) and
- lodging at the European Academy of Otzenhausen
You can apply for a scholarship that covers half of the seminar costs and grants a travel subsidy under certain circumstances.