23 July 2019
Utopia Europe I
The participants of the summer school, organized by the Hans Farmont foundation, are invited to spend time with young people from Europe on a ten-day sailing trip in Greece. On the foundation’s sail boat, the fellows receive the opportunity to discuss current European topics, create a network and put companionship in a small space to the test. The foundation covers the costs related to the programme such as food and accommodation as well as transportation.
The panel discussions and the accompanying programme are run by our director of the Europe Programme, Milena Wichert.
Applications are open to persons aged 18, who are in training (academic or operational) as well as young professionals whose main place of residence is in Europe. By Europe we understand all current and potential member states of the European Union. Required is a civic engagement for example in form of volunteer work, thorough knowledge of English, and the willingness to sail with a team.
Required application documents:
- CV (chronological, in bullet points, english or german), please make sure to list civic engagement
- Completed application form (download on https://summerschool.farmont-stiftung.de)
- Answer the question: “What does it mean to you to feel European? (form, medium and length are not restricted)
- A suggestion for a keynote speech on the topic “Utopia Europe“. (These will be part of the accompanying program and will be used as introductions for the panel discussions. The speeches should not be longer than 15 minutes and should serve as impulsion for a debate. Please explain with max. 500 words the topic you would like to discuss.
- send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, closing date for applications is the 25th of March 2019
Together with our crew, the five participants per trip gather sailing experiences and explore the Greek islands around Rhodes. Within the frame of assisted panels, the fellows are given the opportunity to exchange thoughts and ideas. What does it mean to rely on each other, to set sail together and to carry responsibility for Europe?
EUR 0: -
EUR 0: -
The foundation covers the costs related to the program such as food and accommodation as well as transportation.