9 July 2019
From metabolic flux analysis to biological process control: a digest with worked examples and real-life applications
The course is organized in 4 sessions of 6 hours each (July 1-2, and July 8-9, 2019), back to back with the 9th IWA Specialized Conference on Sustainable Viticulture, Winery Wastes & Agri-industrial Wastewater Management, which is an international workshop focusing on the recent advances in topics such as winery and brewery wastewater characterization, waste and wastewater management, aerobic and anaerobic treatment processes, sustainable viticulture and oenology (reducing waste), solid waste treatment and by product recovery, environmental assessment, fermentation technology, smart and sustainable farming. The conference features plenary lectures and contributed presentations by specialists in the fields. The conference also includes technical visits to a winery and a distillery.
Prof. Alain Vande Wouwer
3rd year Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Doctoral students.
Have a structured and coherent introduction with worked examples and real-life applications about :
- Mathematical modeling of ecological and biological systems
- Biological networks, and metabolic flux analysis
- Linear and nonlinear parameter estimation, parameter identifiability and experiment design
- Design of software sensors (state estimation)
- Optimal, optimizing and predictive control
- Matlab worked examples and real-case applications in various fields (water treatment, anaerobic digestion, food science and predictive microbiology, etc.)
The credits are awarded on basis of the final project.
EUR 500: Courses and Conference (7 days, lunch included), without accommodation: 500 €
EUR 1250: Courses, Conference, city trips to Antwerpen and Reims, accommodation and meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner): all-inclusive formula (10 nights), reduced fee for students from partner institutions
Other packages are described on our web pages.