19 July 2019
Urban environments face several challenges, such as the rising population, high pollution, an increase in unsustainable mobility options, among others. To employ an urban analytics approach plays a crucial role to tackle them. We know now how to measure and store great volumes of data. To utilize the power of these data, we must apply relevant tools and make sense of the results.
Our course will offer an in-depth analysis on urban analytics, from data collection to visual presentation of the results. We will further explore actual applications of these tools through our guest speakers and exercises featuring real data gathered in our home city, Lisbon.
Professor Carlos Silva
- PhD candidates interested in acquiring a comprehensive introduction to analytical tools for urban evaluation
- Master’s students with research experience and interest in developing urban analytics skills
- Junior professionals or a researchers interested in expanding their skill sets
Participantes will learn:
- About the contemporary challenges of urban environments
- Ways to address these issues through an appropriately designed research
- How to select and apply appropriate software tools to process, analyze and present data
- How to integrate these tools together to streamline the data analysis process and to construct a holistic research narrative
Students will follow the stages of data analysis
- research design
- data collection
- data processing and storage
- data analysis and interpretation
- visual communication of the results
No credits are granted but a certificate of participation will provided.
EUR 250: Early Bird Registration (until May 31)
EUR 300: Regular Registration (until June 9)
No scholarships are provided