31 July 2021
During this course, you will gain a deep understanding of the vital role that materials play in solving real-world problems!
On completion of the summer school, you should be able to:
• Alter the optoelectronic properties of materials via differing synthetic methods.
• Understand the application of various spectroscopic techniques to characterise materials.
• Synthesize and characterise various Molecular Organic Frameworks (MOF’s) for gas storage and separation.
• Characterise materials with microwaves
• Have an understanding of compound semi-conductor physics
• Understand damage detection using acoustic emission
• Have an understanding of Metamaterials, Diamonds, Magnetics Materials and Optoelectronics
• Gain an understanding of THz Physics
There are so many reasons to love Cardiff. Whether it’s our rich history, beautiful architecture, incredible food scene or miles of golden coastline to the west, there is something for everyone here.
You’ll stay in city centre accommodation, visit two cultural attractions within the UK and be invited to entertaining social events in our vibrant Welsh Capital. This is your opportunity to experience British culture with new friends from across the globe!
Ensuring the safety and welfare of our staff and students is our priority. We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, and will continue to evaluate our summer school offering in line with government guidelines relating to COVID-19. If we need to make changes to our 2021 summer school offering in line with government guidelines, we will keep you up-to date. In the meantime, if you have any questions about studying with us at Cardiff University on our International Summer Schools, please contact us on email@example.com
International Summer Schools Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Undergraduate students, recent graduates or those with relevant work experience (18 years old and above).
Our summer schools, based in the Capital City of Wales (UK), offer students a rich insight into British culture and an unforgettable study abroad experience. Our innovative courses address numerous global issues through hands on labs, lectures and industrial visits.
*Please note, the contents of this course are still subject to change and may be cancelled in the event of low turnout.
Students are usually able to obtain credits from their home institution. If this is your intention, please ask your University about their requirements before you enrol with us as the decision to award credits rests with them. Informal assessments will vary for each course, but all participants will receive a certificate of attendance. Please contact us on PSE-ISS@cardiff.ac.uk if you have any questions.
GBP 1995: This fee is inclusive of:
• Breakfast and Lunch (Monday-Friday)
• Airport pick up and drop off from Heathrow (on specified dates)
• Excursions organised by Cardiff University
• City centre accommodation
One Excellence Scholarship worth £1000 - please apply before 30th March 2021 to be considered for this.