29 July 2019
on course website
Global Studies, Business and Spanish Program
GLOBAL STUDIES AND BUSINESS COURSES
- International Business (3 US Credits/ 6 ECTS):
The aim of this course is to analyze marketing, communication and business strategies at a practical level. It offers an approach to Spanish economy and market through examples from the Bilbao business area, where the University of Deusto is located. The course includes some visits to companies in order to offer students the chance to get to know different business models of financial development in the areas of production, services, and public institutions. (Taught in English)
- Culture and Politics in Contemporary Spain (3 cr. USA / 6 ECTS)
- European Union Studies (in English) NEW COURSE (3 US Credits/ 6 ECTS)
- Global Politics and Economy (in English) NEW COURSE (3 US Credits/ 6 ECTS)
- Intercultural Communication (in English) NEW COURSE ( 3 US Credits/6 ECTS)
SPANIHS LAGUAGE IN CONTEXT
- Spanish Language courses NEW COURSES
- Elementary Spanish: Spanish 101 (4 US Credits / 8 ECTS or 3 US Credits / 6 ECTS)*
- Intermediate Spanish: Spanish 201 (4 US Credits / 8 ECTS or 3 US Credits / 6 ECTS)*
- Advanced Spanish: Spanish 301 (4 US Credits / 8 ECTS or 3 US Credits / 6 ECTS)*
- Advanced Spanish Grammar, Composition and Translation : 3 cr. USA / 6 ECTS
- Advanced Spanish Conversation : 3 cr. USA / 6 ECTS
* Students can take 3 hours of Spanish per day (8 ECTS / 4 US Credits) or just 2 hours (6 ECTS / 3 US Credits) with no conversation component.
VISITS TO COMPANIES
The academic program is complemented by guided visits to companies or institutions. These visits are open to all Business, International Relations and Spanish Summer Program students.
Some of the companies and institutions visited in the previous Summer Programs:
- Mondragon Cooperative Society
- Biscay Technology Park
- Marques del Riscal Wineries
- Bilbao Stock Market
- Basque Automotive Industry Cluster
Undergraduate and graduate students, and active professionals, willing to learn more about business while they learn the spanish language.
Applicants need to be 18 or older.
The studen should choose a maximun of 6 US Credits or 12 ECTS
EUR 4700: Application Fee: 75 EUROS ($89,5*)
Program Fees: 4,625 EUROS ($5,518*)
(*) Currency exchange is subject to change based on conversion rate fluctuations.
on course website