30 August 2019
Nonlinear Life. Edition 3
The summer school Nonlinear Life has been launched by the Riga Technical University (RTU), Latvia in 2017 with continuation in 2018. The 3rd edition is organized by the University of Trieste, Italy and RTU. Professors from Italy, Latvia and other countries will deliver lectures within the fields of biomedical engineering, life sciences, and medical technologies. Students will visit advanced research institutions, such as the Italian sycnhrotron radiation facility (Elettra) as well as companies operating in the biomedical field.
University of Trieste (Italy) and Riga Technical University (Latvia)
The school is open to undergraduate, postgraduate as well as PhD students. Students are required to be familiar with general physics, mathematics and the basics of computing technologies. Good knowledge of the English language is required.
The aims of the summer school:
1. To deepen and extend the knowledge of students (university level - bachelor, master and doctoral (PhD) students), as well as researchers in the fields of nonlinear dynamics, medical engineering and physics by means of regular lectures and educational sessions. Students have to be educated in mathematical calculus, general physics, and basics of computing technologies;
2. To teach students how to use certain mathematical methods and computing tools for the analysis of various processes;
3. To help them gain skills in research methodology of complex systems by means of a computer experiment;
4. To carry out practical exercises/experiments in research laboratories on the basis of an science converging approach;
5. To promote social and professional networking during the lectures and social events.
Certificate of Further Education and 5 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits will be awarded upon completion of the program.
EUR 0: The participation fee covers registration, accommodation in the student hostel, meals (breakfast and lunch) and the social program. The participants have to cover their travel expenses and health insurance (if needed).