23 August 2019
5-weeks Intensive Drawing & Painting Course
Intensive course of 5 weeks of high specialisation in drawing and painting following the academic methodologies of the Great Masters of the 19th century.
The course is specially designed for students of all levels through a series of varied exercises aimed at developing observation skills and precision in drawing and painting, learning the classical and academic methodology.
The course focuses on the drawing and painting of the human figure and the portrait, working from a life model and on a theoretical basis, the students will learn how to use the Sight-Size system, proportions, gesture and important anatomical points. They will also learn to understand chiaroscuro and color theory based on the reduced palette of Zorn and Velázquez.
This course is complemented by other enriching subjects in the program such as landscape painting, composition and portrait sculpture.
The course is an adaptation of the regular full-time program offered by the Barcelona Academy of Art and includes the main and most important points to tackle in just 5 weeks.
Jordi Diaz Alamà, Gerard Castellví, Christian Duran
Art lovers of all levels
• Learn to use the Sight-Size system.
• Train your eyes to be rigorous.
• Learn how to make an analytical study drawing.
• Work on the concepts of chiaroscuro and tonal evaluation.
• Learn basic concepts of anatomy, gesture and proportion.
• Assimilate the process of conducting an analytical studio painting.
• Learn the reduced palette and its use and mixtures.
• Know how to use the landscape palette.
• Learn the process of construction of the portrait.
• Learn the strategy to follow during the development of a work.
• Know the principles of composition.
EUR 2: Price for 5-weeks course
EUR 1: Price for 3-weeks course