10 July 2020
on course website
Starting Your Own Business
Do you want to know what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Or do you have a business idea, but don’t know how to take it forward? Join the Startup Summer course. During this one week course you will work in groups of 10-20 entrepreneurs on improving your business or business concept. We will give you a proven methodology for assessing and shaping your venture as well as plenty of time to discuss your idea with your peers, investors and experienced entrepreneurs.
The course addresses all aspects of starting your own (tech)company. We believe in learning by doing. You can either bring your own business idea or borrow one of ours, but you will get your hands dirty and get to action. A sneak preview in the topics that will be covered during the courses:
• Being an entrepreneur: know what to expect, get in touch with your own strengths and weaknesses, learn what ‘living the dream’ actually looks like
• Building a team that fuels and sustains your startup’s growth: the perfect team composition and team competencies, training, keeping people happy
• Master the lean startup method to effectively scale your business: learn about MVPs, validated learning, piloting and pivoting
• Build a product that your customers love: due diligence, mapping vs. competing products/services, IP protection, technology enhancement or development, prototyping, and industrialization
• Create your own Business model Canvas: turn an idea into a cashcow, build a sustainable business case
• Understand your market: opportunity assessment, USPs, target markets, competitive positioning, customer discovery and validation
• Get your product to the market: find your launching customer, design your go-to-market strategy, choose distribution channels
• Get noticed: free publicity, marketing, social media strategy
• Make a Pitch that impresses customers and investors
• Get Funded: learn about seed money, Business Angel networks and crowdfunding
In addition to the courses you will:
• Receive 1-on-1 monitoring
• Participate in a real business competition and win prizes
• Meet real investors in Radboud’s Den
• Get a Radboud Innovation startup certificate.
After the course, you will be able to decide whether a career as an entrepreneur is right for you. And if so, you will have gained the right tools, insights and skills to proceed.
Brechtje Vreenegoor and Rob Groenendaal
Business Developers at Radboud Innovation
• Advanced Bachelor
The Startup Summer School is designed for:
• Students and PhD who took an introductory course in entrepreneurship
• Students and PhD who are interested in the master Innovation & Entrepreneurship, the master Science Management & Innovation or
the Student Company course
• Students and PhD who have an innovative business idea and want to determine the feasibility of their business idea.
In this course you will:
1. Find out whether an entrepreneurial career is suited for you
2. Discover your own entrepreneurial skills, talent and ambition
3. Create and fine-tune a solid business plan
4. Know how to build and manage a startup
EUR 499: The fee includes the registration fees, course materials, access to library and IT facilities, coffee/tea, lunch, and a number of social activities.
We offer several reduced fees:
€ 250 students and PhDs from Radboud University
€ 449 early bird discount- deadline 1 march 2020 (10%)
€ 424 partner discount (15%)
€ 375 early bird + partner discount (25%)
on course website