10 July 2020
Discover the Ancient Greek Culture (Philosophy, Arts, Languages, Theatre)
Greek Cultural Institute and School Life and Education Museum, organizations with vast experience in Museum education and educational programs, have designed this innovative 6-day course, implemented by experienced and specialized educators, the participants will learn about the ancient greek culture and civilization
• Teachers of primary schools, secondary schools, vocational schools and organizations.
• Adult education teachers.
• Teachers of special needs.
• Teacher trainers.
• Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors.
• Headmasters/principals/managers of schools and organizations offering adult education or vocational education and organizations.
• Non-governmental organization staff.
• Public Servants, Policy Makers.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with a theoretical background about life in ancient Greece and to bring them through an experiential way and various activities in contact with the values of the ancient Greek civilization which have largely constituted and are still one of the main bases of today's European culture. This knowledge will be valuable to participants in various cognitive fields –history, culture, languages, philosophy, social and political education, theatrical studies...– so that they will be capable through appropriate approaches to incorporate it in their lessons according to the phase of the educational process and their students’ needs. Moreover, the experiential way this program is structured will support them to organize similar original activities related to their own specific audience.
EUR 0: Tba