5 August 2022
Global Intercultural Management
This course explores different aspects of intercultural management, including teams, leadership, Human Resource Management, values, culture and negotiations. Academic inquiry will be explored through the examination of eight different study units. These units are designed to develop students’ abilities to compare and analyse the reasons for fundamental differences in intercultural management and governance practices that exist among key organisations and societies around the world. Studies will focus on comparative analysis of combinations of cultures (societies and public and private governance) across Nations, corporations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Inter-Governmental Organisations (IGOs). These fundamental understandings are essential to successfully shaping policies and decisions for executives and managers in a much globalised world. Students will be challenged to explore and explain intercultural issues that influence and impact global management. They will have the opportunity to develop a deeper knowledge about how culture shapes management practices in international organisations.
Unit 1: Introduction: The Global Challenge
Unit 2: Culture and Intercultural Management
Unit 3: Organisational Culture – Global Interaction
Unit 4: Values and Culture: Impact and Influence on Diversity and Inclusion
Unit 5: Intercultural Competence in International Business
Unit 6: Intercultural Leadership and Team Building
Unit 7: International Management – Human Resource Strategies
Unit 8: Conclusion: Role of the Global Manager
Students should have a basic knowledge of Intercultural Communication. Students with an interest in the fundamentals of global management in cross cultural settings and in the positive impact of multicultural teams in international business can enrol in this course.
Minimum of 7 students are required for the class to take place.
Upon course completion, students will be able to:
1. Identify and examine challenges in global management
2. Analyse various cultural models and apply concepts to case studies
3. Develop effective skills to maximize success in teambuilding
4. Contribute to global management issues as studied and discussed in class
5. Connect intercultural global management strategies to personal leadership style
6. Deal constructively on a professional level with cultural diversity
7. Develop competence while working in an international setting to ensure inclusivity
8. Apply Field Study experience to Intercultural Global Management concepts
9. Examine Diversity and Inclusion Practices
10. Acknowledge the impact of Language and Culture in International Business
EUR 998: Tuition fee
No scholarships are available for this course.