29 July 2022
Financial Statement Analysisonline course
The aim of this course is to make you a financial analyst. After finishing this course, you will be able to analyse financial statements of two or more corporations (such as Microsoft, Google, Apple, McDonald’s etc.) to compare and contrast the performance, liquidity, and solvency from the points of view of a manager, banker or shareholder.
This course is suitable for:
• Current students of business studies at any level: bachelors and masters
• Start-ups and new entrepreneurs who are already managing, or planning to open, a business
• Current and potential investors in stock markets
• Students who have already studied accounting but who would like to refresh their knowledge
After completing this course students will understand:
1. What financial statements are and which analytical techniques are available. What vertical analysis, horizontal analysis, common-sized statements, and ratio analysis are;
2. How to compare financial statements of two unequal corporations (we will use real world information of large corporations such as Google, Microsoft, etc. from www.finance.yahoo.com);
3. What Liquidity, Profitability, and Solvency Analysis are and how to perform them on two comparable corporations (Coca-Cola and Pepsi) using data from www.finance.yahoo.com;
4. What DuPont identity is and how to perform a DuPont Analysis. How DuPont Analysis helps us calculate the performance of different functional divisions of a corporation, such as the management, marketing, and finance divisions;
5. How to perform a complete financial statement analysis of a corporation. Students will work on the financial statements of two companies of their choice using data from www.finance.yahoo.com. This class will be guided by the lecturer and instant feedback will be provided.
EUR 299: Tuition fee
No scholarships are available for this course.