4 September 2021
Global Players and Hidden Champions: Business and Technology Made in Germany
The 2021 Summer University Lingen (SUL) is expected to take place on campus from August 22 until September 04. If the COVID-19 situation does not allow an on-site SUL, we will most likely offer a virtual program: We will announce our final decision in early July.
The Summer University Lingen (SUL) takes a look at the backbone of Germany’s economy: family-owned medium-sized companies, the so-called German Mittelstand. The goal of the Summer University is to analyze the key success factors of the Mittelstand companies and to gain insight into their operations and management features. A unique feature of the SUL is the practical aspect: we will visit small and medium-sized as well as family-owned companies to directly apply what you have learned in class. You will thus gain comprehensive insight into the regional, international, and global procedures of companies in Germany, the city of Lingen and its surrounding area.
What makes Campus Lingen special?
- teaching and learning is very practice-oriented
- small study groups
- modern learning environment with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment
- close cooperation with companies and organizations in the region
What makes the city of Lingen special?
- safe city with very welcoming and open-minded people
- city center in walking distance from campus
- a variety of restaurants, cafés and bars
- cultural offers such as theaters, cinemas and a concert hall
- great nature activities, such as bike-riding, canoeing, swimming
- good public transportation to explore neighboring cities such as Münster, Osnabrück, Bremen or even
The programme is open to international and German Bachelor's and Master's students from any study programme.
The goal of the Summer University is to analyze the key success factors of the Mittelstand companies and to gain insight into operations and management features by visiting the companies and talking to their representatives.
EUR 950: The program fee of 950 EUR includes: tuition and teaching materials, company visits and transfer to the companies, welcome dinner and various leisure activities
EUR 1200: The program fee of 1,200 EUR includes: accommodation in a shared student apartment, tuition and teaching materials, company visits and transfer to the companies, welcome dinner, various leisure activities,
A limited number of scholarships are available for students upon request. The scholarships are preferably granted to students from partner universities of Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences. Please contact us to inquire whether they are available.