8 July 2022
Social City Design
Get to know everything about social innovation and human centered design in the city context!
We will be thinking and doing on superdiversity, creative storytelling, citizen driven design and creative democracy.
6 challenges are offered to us by the Innovation Network of the Flemish Government (INO) and are looking for a solution:
1. How do we create secluded oases as part of green-blue networks in neighborhoods with lower socio-economic status.
2. How do we design the mobility hub / neighborhood hub of the future in which we bring together e.g., shared mobility, local economy (traditional, circular, e-commerce) and social life.
3. How can we motivate (professionals within) basic services (primary schools, childcare,...) to strengthen and invest in the neighborhood in which they work?
4. How can we bring more elements of play to the city for children?
5. How can we make community work attractive again?
6. How can we create caring neighborhoods in which people, regardless of age and type of support needs, can (continue to) live comfortably in their home or familiar neighborhood.
Master students in Product Development; professionals working in the field of Social Design; professionals involved in the organization, design and development of cities (public actors, academics, industry players, civil society, media and culture); Service Design Network (SDN) members.
Depending on the profile, BA3 Product Development students can be accepted as well. Depending on the profile, Master students from Social sciences, Architecture, Interior Architecture and Phd students with affinity to the subject.
3 ECTS credits are awarded upon successful completion of the programme. All certificates of completion are issued as a micro-credential.
EUR 250: Fee includes course material, coffee breaks, one group dinner and social activities. It does not include lunch, accommodation or travel costs.