21 August 2020
The European Approach - Past, Present, Futureonline course
We invite all participants to attend an academically demanding and wide-ranging program. Experience the inspiring atmosphere of an international seminar!
You will meet renowned international experts in European law, politics and economics. The lecturers are academics or practitioners and will give you an inside view of the EU.
This year's summer course will deal with:
• European Integration: Goals and political priorities of the EU
• Institutional set-up of the EU
• Privacy in a Digital Age: A challenge for Europe and the world - Surveillance, personal data in smart cities and bias in AI
• Environmental Politics: The European Green Deal
• Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Rights in the EU
• Demographic Change: Migration as an opportunity
• EU as a Global Actor
This course has been designed for young, active, and open-minded people (especially students and young professionals) from all fields of studies and from all over the world with a strong interest in the European Union and today's challenges
2020: The EU Member States must tackle many challenges in the current age. Increasing nationalism and populism, climate change response, digitalization, an aging society and globalisation make it imperative that the EU establishes itself as a strong, forward-looking network.
“The European Approach - Past · Present · Future" deals with the current opportunities and challenges of a European Union which stands between enlargement and Brexit and discusses current issues of human rights protection and their challenges in a digital age in light of growing discrimination and hate speech.
Take this opportunity and apply for the European Summer Course 2020!
EUR 0: If your application is successful, participation is free of charge!