23 July 2021
Digital and Social Media Marketingonline course
The main aim of the course is to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of how digital technologies and the rise of social media are changing marketing strategies and tactics across different industries. This includes learning about marketing concepts that are relevant in the digital environment, analysing best practice examples, and developing skills for creating, delivering and communicating value by using digital marketing tools and social media platforms. Additional aims of the course include providing students with insights into current digital marketing and social media trends, and teaching them how to combine digital and offline marketing tactics. The course builds on traditional marketing courses and discusses digital strategies and tactics from a brand perspective. Beside more general overview of the digital marketing and social media phenomena, the course will focus on topics which are critical in leveraging the power of social media, such are: content management, development of social media presence, viral marketing and storytelling. It will be discussed how power has been shifted from brands to consumers, how to engage consumers through social media, and what is the interplay between social media and other digital marketing activities.
Vatroslav Škare, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Economics and Business, Croatia
Master students and Bachelor students in their final year of study
Students who take this course will be able to:
1. Assess the marketing potential of digital technologies and social media platforms for a particular real-life marketing challenge;
2. Understand the digital consumer;
3. Propose relevant digital value proposition;
4. Choose relevant digital and social media platforms;
5. Propose digital marketing tactics to achieve marketing goals.
Certificate of Attendance: awarded at the end of the summer school to all students who complete the 3-week programme.
Transcript of records (with credits and grades): awarded only to students who complete all course obligations and pass the final examination.
EUR 500: What is included?
- tuition for online synchronous lectures and access to all course materials/software/platforms;
- non-refundable registration/administrative fee,
- Certificate of Attendance and Transcript of records;
- professional administrative support before, during and after the programme;
- some organized activities during the programme to foster the intercultural experience.