28 August 2020
Data Science with Pythononline course
This course is a 2-week introduction to the popular programming language Python. We will focus on using Python for Data Science. You will learn to use the tools needed to analyze, understand and gain new insights from data in Python. We will begin with the very basics of Python and end with utilizing powerful libraries such as Numpy, Pandas and Matplotlib. The course will also give compact insights to Machine Learning by realizing simple algorithms with Python.
Jason Harris is a Research Assistant in the Robotics and Biology Laboratory (RBO) of the TU Berlin and a graduate (final year) student in Computer Engineering, specializing in robotic technologies.
Any discipline, all fields can use programming!
Code in Python with Jupyter Notebooks
● Use popular libraries such as Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib etc. in Python
● Manipulate and visualize data in Python
● Do object orientated coding in Python
● Run exploratory analysis on data and gain new insights
● Implement simple Machine Learning algorithms
We will ask participants to fulfill the following technical requirements:
• Fully functional device (laptop, tablet, PC)
• Stable internet connection
• Software: Zoom (App installed on desktop or over browser. Participants are requested to use their real names as zoom account names.)
• Recommended: external headset for better sound quality
EUR 700: Aug. 10-17: *Reading week* : flexible, 5 hours preparatory work to be done on-demand
Aug. 17-21: Week 1: Live and on-demand course elements
Aug. 24-28: Week 2: Live and on-demand course elements
The fee covers the course, course materials, and a digital cultural program.