15 January 2021
Meta-analysis: Know-how and Beyondonline course
Within this course, students will learn how to formulate a problem and analyze it conducting a meta-analysis in JASP, a valuable open-science software. Also, students will have the opportunity to practice wide-and-far literature search and will learn how to report their findings following the PRISMA standards with professional assistance. Students will learn the basics on how to prepare and describe a meta-analytical study in a separate article as well. Moreover, students will be able to apply this technique to summarize studies described in a manuscript in order to improve argumentation and “publishability”, furthering academic and professional careers while building a strong skill-set and portfolio
Dr. Jacek Buczny is an assistant professor in Department of Experimental and Applied Psychology, VU Amsterdam. He has extensive expertise in teaching and applying in his research many paradigms and designs.
This course is suitable for Master students, PhD candidates, and professionals who are interested in the application of quantitative data analysis. No advanced statistical skills are required. This course is relevant to economics and business studies, as well as social and behavioral sciences. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please contact us: email@example.com.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
• Formulate a research question to conduct a meta-analysis;
• Carry out an expansive literary search;
• Systematically review relevant literature;
• Code studies fitting inclusion criteria;
• Meta-analyze the coded effects using JASP software;
• Interpret and report the meta-analytic results;
• Apply PRISMA standards into a report.
EUR 600: Fees:
- Students and PhD Students: €600
- Professionals: €800
- Students, PhD students and employees at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Applications received before the 1st of October (Early Bird Discount) receive €50 discount!
The tuition fee includes:
- Application and registration
- Exclusive course content for a limited number of students
- Individual/group guidance from course organiser
- Access to all online VU facilities such as the library and online learning environments
- A certificate of attendance after completing the course
- A transcript of records mentioning the grade and the obtained ECTS
- Full support of the winter school team
- Optional online social activity