25 June 2022
Industrial Engineering – Challenges in the Next Decade
The purpose of the workshop is to familiarise students with various tools and methods in Industrial Engineering to solve and stand the industrial challenges of the next decades via digital technologies (e.g. artificial intelligence, data analysis), design and management concepts for structuring corporation organisation (lean management) as well as product design (gear design). The individualisation of products, organisations and work are reflected in historical development towards the future steps of change (Industry 4.X). Profound leadership skills are highly important in industrial, producing corporations and will be a key part of this course amended by the growing environmental responsibilities that future leaders will have to handle (EU emission trading).
Basic concept of this course is to transmit short overviews and insights into today´s tools and methods transitioning fast to practical examples in personal exercises and workshops. The examples origin from actual situations or compressed typical situations in industrial use.
Instructors from TH Rosenheim
International Master’s / Graduate students enrolled in technology and engineering studies - no prior subject-specific requirements
At the end of the course students should be able to
• understand and experience data analysis methods and practical use of artificial intelligence,
• transfer the ideas of Lean Management to different corporate sectors of producing units,
• classify and evaluate occurring industrial situations into change and future proof concepts,
• obtain insights into the concept of emission trading and its challenges,
• develop an understanding of what does it take to be a successful leader in international setting.
3 ECTS credits and grade for successful participation of one-week programme
EUR 350: Early Bird Fee for one-week programme, application until 1 March 2022. Accommodation included, find details here: https://www.th-rosenheim.de/en/international/incoming-students/engineering-master-summer-school/application/
EUR 400: Regular Fee for one-week programme, application after 1 March 2022. Accommodation included.