13 August 2021
Knowledge Management and Arts Driven Innovation for Organizational Development
This course has twofold goals. On the one hand, it aims to develop a critical understanding of how managing organizational knowledge assets drive organizational value creation; and on the other hand, it seeks to develop a critical and creative understanding of how to use the arts within organizations as a management tool to foster companies’ innovation development capacity and to support organizational development.
Overall the course provides the fundamental insights to develop an understanding of the conceptual background of the knowledge-based view of the company. It equips students with practical approaches, frameworks and tools to design and manage arts-based initiatives, i.e. the managerial application of creative and arts-based processes to enhance people’s creativity and mindsets for innovation and business performance improvements. With this course, students will understand the strategic relevance of managing organisational knowledge-based drivers of organisational development in today’s business landscape.
Due to Covid-19 precautions, this course may be arranged ONLINE instead of physical for the summer 2021. This will be confirmed by the end of April depending on the situation of COVID-19 around the world.
University students and graduates from around the world.
On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
• Understand why knowledge assets matter in the XXI century business landscape;
• Explain the knowledge-based view of the organisation and understand the knowledge-based resources within organisations;
• Identify and critically analyse the knowledge assets dimensions of an organisation.
• Clarify the links between organisations’ knowledge assets and company value creation;
• Understand how knowledge-based resources contribute to business performance improvements and the company’s competitiveness;
• Align the management of organisations’ knowledge assets value drivers to company strategy: mapping the organisational knowledge-based value drivers;
• Understanding why the arts matter in today’s business age and for defining innovative management systems;
• Explaining why forward-looking executives are increasingly realising and deploying the power of creative processes and arts to transform their organisations to enhance the company’s value creation in today’s business landscape;
• Translating the arts into action for organisational innovation and development through the strategic plan and implementation of arts-based initiatives;
• Understanding the organisational value drivers that can be developed through the employment of arts in business;
• Recognising the critical managerial implications to take into account when designing and implementing arts-based initiatives for innovation.
EUR 700: Course fee for students external to Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
EUR 0: Courses are free of charge to degree students and exchange students (academic year 2021-2022) of Tampere University and Tampere University of Applied Sciences.
No scholarships available.