28 July 2023
Financial Markets & Investments
this course provides a practical overview of the global financial markets and an examination of some of the common financial asset classes. The purpose of this course is to equip you with the skills required to analyse financial securities and to exploit market opportunities. It focuses on:
a) the analysis of the main financial markets and securities
b) the analysis of financial statements and
c) the management of equity portfolios.
In this course you will explore:
• Economic indicators
• Currency markets
• Financial statement analysis
• Fixed income (money and debt markets)
• The Stock Market: equity valuation
• Options: An introduction
• Introduction to Portfolio Management
Dr Solomon Deku, Senior Lecturer at Nottingham Trent University's Nottingham Business School.
This course is ideal for accounting and finance students and business students with an interest in financial and investment analysis, and who meet our English language requirements.
After studying on this course, you should be able to:
• Demonstrate a conceptual and practical understanding of how economic indicators affect financial markets and the valuation of securities
• Evaluate firm performance using financial statements
• Demonstrate a conceptual and practical understanding of the characteristics of securities and financial markets
• Apply basic principles of security valuation, portfolio management in the context of risk management and wealth maximisation
• Analyse information from different sources, to facilitate decision-making and provide solutions to common financial management problems.
10 UK Credit / 5 ECTS. You will receive a certificate and an official NTU transcript of results with your credits recorded.
GBP 1080: £1080 Early-bird discount if paid by 30 April 2023.
This fee includes tuition, course materials, social and cultural programme and GSS merchandise.
GBP 440: Accommodation in our on-campus student halls. All rooms are single with ensuite facilities and shared kitchen and living spaces. Halls are self-catered and kitchen and bedding packs will be provided. Our accommodation is right in the heart of the city and so there are lots of food shops, cafes, restaurants, bars and takeaways just a short walk away.
An early-bird discount if tuition fee payment is received by 30 April 2023. A further discount is offered to groups of 10+ students travelling from the same University.