26 July 2024
Financial Markets & Investments
this course provides a practical overview of the global financial markets and an examination of some of the common financial asset classes. The purpose of this course is to equip you with the skills required to analyse financial securities and to exploit market opportunities. It focuses on:
a) the analysis of the main financial markets and securities
b) the analysis of financial statements and
c) the management of equity portfolios.
In this course you will explore:
• Economic indicators
• Currency markets
• Financial statement analysis
• Fixed income (money and debt markets)
• The Stock Market: equity valuation
• Options: An introduction
• Introduction to Portfolio Management
Dr Solomon Deku, Senior Lecturer at Nottingham Trent University's Nottingham Business School.
This course is ideal for accounting and finance students and business students with an interest in financial and investment analysis, and who meet our English language requirements.
After studying on this course, you should be able to:
• Demonstrate a conceptual and practical understanding of how economic indicators affect financial markets and the valuation of securities
• Evaluate firm performance using financial statements
• Demonstrate a conceptual and practical understanding of the characteristics of securities and financial markets
• Apply basic principles of security valuation, portfolio management in the context of risk management and wealth maximisation
• Analyse information from different sources, to facilitate decision-making and provide solutions to common financial management problems.
10 UK Credit / 5 ECTS. You will receive a certificate and an official NTU transcript of results with your credits recorded.
GBP 1200: Apply and pay your tuition fee by 30 April 2024 and receive our Early-Bird discount of £100. Tuition fee includes course materials, our exciting social and cultural programme, support from our friendly team of student buddies, use of our GSS Hub with free drinks, and a trip to the beautiful university city of Cambridge.
GBP 440: Accommodation in our on-campus student halls. All rooms are single with ensuite facilities and shared kitchen and living spaces. Halls are self-catered and kitchen and bedding packs will be provided. Our accommodation is right in the heart of the city and so there are lots of food shops, cafes, restaurants, bars and takeaways just a short walk away.
£100 early-bird discount if tuition fee payment is received by 30 April 2024. A further discount is offered to groups of 10+ students travelling from the same University.