8 July 2022
English Legal System and Applied Skillsonline course
Join us for an interactive introduction to English law and legal practice.
This interactive course will provide an overview of the English legal system, topical issues encountered in studying the law, an introduction to comparative and international law, and an introduction to applied practical legal skills. The summer school will consist of a series of interactive sessions delivered remotely via MS Teams, alongside directed asynchronous learning.
This course includes:
- An introduction to the core concepts of the English legal system
- Parliamentary sovereignty (and issues raised)
- Case reading and analysis
- An introduction to international law and the UK’s place within it
- Comparative constitutionalism
- An introduction to legal careers
- Negotiation (theory and application)
- Dispute resolution (theory and application)
This course will include live sessions and activities, quizzes, tutor videos and directed discussions.
This course is ideal for undergraduate law students from outside of the UK, and non-law students who are looking for an introduction to English Law.
After studying on this course you should be able to:
• Understand the operation of the English legal system and topical critical issues in English law
• Evidence an understanding and appreciation of international law and key differences between common law, civil law, and other legal systems
• Evidence effective team working skills, including the ability to resolve team conflict, if it arises
• Evidence basic negotiation and mediation
On successfully completing this course you will receive 5 cps recorded on an official NTU results transcript, a certificate and a digital skills badge.
GBP 125: Tuition fee includes our exciting social and cultural programme and the opportunity to earn our Cultural Diversity Digital Badge, and the support of NTU Buddies.
EUR 0: NA