27 August 2021
Aroma - the Chemistry behind Odour
The course describes the role of aroma components in foods, and gives a thorough review of techniques for sampling and analysis of aroma. The relationship between the aroma profile and the sensory quality of a product is an important issue of the course, and includes working with the complexity of the chemical background for odour impressions. The use of multivariate techniques - chemometrics - to relate aroma analysis to sensory quality is an integrated part of the course.
- Understand the complexity of the chemical backgroud for odour
- Understand the principles and methods being used to measure and interpret aroma
- Know the commonly used techniques for aroma analysis
- Know the basic sensory evaluation techniques
- Know how results obtained through aroma analysis relate to sensory quality
- Evaluate possibilities and limitations of aroma analysis for food quality analysis and the relation to sensory quality through multivariate statistics.
- Treat GC-MS data using the most advanced techniques
- Hands-on experience with aroma analysis and sensory analysis
- Ability to apply sensory methodology and assess reliability of the obtained data
DKK 6375: EU/EEA citizens
DKK 11437: Non-EU/EEA citizens
Novo Nordisk International Talent Programme (NNITP) offers a scholarship to incoming students from IARU universities or from Sydney University.
Application deadline is 1 April 2021. Please note that not all applicants will receive a scholarship.