18 July 2021
Introduction to Game Audioonline course
This intensive three-day workshop at Guildhall School of Music & Drama will introduce you to all the major aspects of game audio through fun and practical tasks, which are centred around real game projects in Unreal Engine 4 (UE4). Working in a team of up to four people, each task will challenge your skills in a different area. You will create a game prototype, record and design ambient and gameplay SFX, compose interactive music, write simple code and implement all your assets in five different game projects.
This course has been developed and will be led by Marios Aristopoulos, who leads the Game Audio pathway in the Electronic & Produced Music department of Guildhall. He holds a PhD in game composition and is an active composer and sound designer.
Game audio enthusiasts with a passion for games, music and/or sound design.
The course covers:
- Introduction to game engines and UE4
- Introduction to the different aspects and roles of game audio design
- Creating an audio prototype for a hypothetical game
- Basics of using UE4
- Recording and designing ambient and gameplay SFX
- Various audio implementation methods in UE4
- Basics of interactive music (loops, stingers, triggers, transitions)
- Programming audio basics
- Practical tasks using five different games
- Next steps for a career in game audio
GBP 275: £275