16 July 2021
Music Production in Logic Pro Xonline course
This one-week online course at Guildhall School of Music & Drama will develop your skills in music technology, including composition, sound design and production. You will learn step-by-step how to record, compose and produce your own individual piece through insightful video tutorials, group webinars and 1:1 guidance.
Ieva Vaiti is a Lithuanian producer and sound designer based in London, UK. She is currently a professor of Electronic Music at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama and is actively involved within the education sector.
- Ages 16+
- Beginners and those who have a basic understanding of music production, who are interested in making their own music in any genre and wish to gain the skills to independently write and produce music.
During the course you will:
- Learn the ins and outs of Logic Pro X software including MIDI, synthesis, audio editing, plug-ins and shortcuts
- Gain creative skills needed to produce a track - including sound design, composition techniques, beat-making, harmony and more
- Learn about the fundamentals of mixing audio - geared specifically at mixing your own work
- Participate in webinars and get 1:1 advice from your tutor
- Share your ideas and musical interests with other participants
Each day will start with live sessions and exercises that will give you an opportunity to get to know each other. There will be video tutorials for you to develop your skills and handouts to refer to. The course tutor will be available between 10am and 5pm for any 1:1 help, live sessions or questions.
GBP 525: £525
This course is eligible for Participation Bursaries but you must have access to the necessary equipment to fully participate. (Please note the application deadline for participation bursaries is 1 June 2021). Further information is on our website.