23 July 2021
Vocal Summer School for Classical Singersonline course
This three-day course led by senior staff from the Vocal Studies department will give singers aged 16-21 the opportunity to experience Guildhall School of Music & Drama’s world-leading vocal training. With a joint focus on class teaching and extensive one-to-one tuition, you will work towards an informal presentation at the end of the course. As well as an introduction to singing in Italian and communicating text into song, the course will cover body awareness and performance skills.
The course is taught by Marilyn Rees and Theresa Goble from the Vocal Studies Department at Guildhall School.
Developing singers aged 16-21 who would like an insight into conservatoire training.
Course content includes:
- One-to-one tuition with members of Guildhall’s Vocal Studies faculty
- Individual coaching from the Vocal Studies department
- Breathing and body awareness
- Drama workshop
- English and Italian Repertoire masterclasses
- Text into song work
- Work on two songs of your choice, one in English, the other in Italian
GBP 495: £495
Participation Bursaries are available for this course. (Please note the application deadline for participation bursaries is 1 June 2021). Further information can be found on our website.