16 July 2021
Introduction to Video Projection Mappingonline course
This one-week online course at Guildhall School of Music & Drama will give you a unique opportunity to learn and develop the necessary skills to prepare and project video onto a 3D structure, using industry standard video projection software Resolume Arena 7.
This course is taught by Dan Shorten and Richard Moores. Richard is a technician and artist with a background in video and sound for live performance and installation. Dan is a multi-award winner director, designer and audio/visual specialist.
- Ages 16+
- Anyone interested in video projection.
- An interest or experience in digital art, graphic design, video editing, technical theatre, gaming etc. would be an advantage.
The course is technical as well as creative and will introduce you to the basic principles and techniques of digital video mapping:
- Preparing your digital content (file types, resolutions and codecs)
- Setting up your hardware (computers, projectors and real-world objects)
- Keystoning, image correction and distortions
- How to mask and map video to a 3D object
The course will include online teaching, self-directed time to explore tasks and group discussion.
GBP 525: £525
This course is eligible for Participation Bursaries but you must have access to the necessary equipment to fully participate. (Please note the application deadline for participation bursaries is 1 June 2021). Further info can be found on our website.