2 June 2021
Arranging and Reharmonisation for A Cappellaonline course
In this six-week online evening course at Guildhall School of Music & Drama, you will explore a broad range of contemporary vocal arranging techniques to equip yourself with the skills needed to create your own a cappella reimaginings of classic and contemporary songs. You will be encouraged to learn theory, arrange, record yourselves and be creative.
Wednesday evenings on 28 April, 5, 12, 19, 26 May and 2 June 2021
James Rose is a prolific arranger, composer, performer, producer & educator, based in London. Over the years, he has become a veteran performer of a cappella & vocal harmony, touring worldwide with his acclaimed internet sensation group ‘Accent’.
- Harmony enthusiasts, aged 18 and over, who wish to develop their vocal arranging skills.
- We strongly recommend participants to have an understanding of basic music theory, as well as an inquisitive outlook exploring the many different creative methodologies covered on the course.
You can expect to learn about:
- Vocal group history and analysis
- Harmony and voicing theory
- Reharmonisation techniques
- Voice-specific arranging techniques (including ranges, use of syllables)
- Intention and communication of themes (including word painting, reinforcing lyrics)
- Transcription and analysis of arrangements
You will have homework between weeks to experiment with what you have learnt and will be invited to submit your main arrangement project for feedback in the last session.
GBP 250: £250