21 July 2023
on course website
The Art & Science of Negotiations
The World Economic Forum established negotiation as one of the ten most important skills to have (WEC, 2016). Everybody negotiates; however, managers and professionals should know how to manage conflict and how to negotiate effectively.
The topic of the course include, amongst others:
1. Planning for and debriefing a negotiation
2. Creating value and crafting mutually beneficial agreements
3. Using and countering claiming value tactics
4. The right strategy at the right time: Balancing creating and claiming value tactics
5. Thinking in utilities: Bundling offers and making concessions
6. Exchanging information: Asking the right questions and providing the right
7. Effective Communication: The language of creating and claiming value
GRIESSMAIR Michele, Vienna University, Austria
The aim of this course is to give students the opportunity to improve their practical negotiation skills and learn experientially. Students will engage in a series of role-playing exercises, experiments, and case studies that address a broad spectrum of negotiation problems. Upon completion of the course, students should be able to identify a variety of negotiation problems and be equipped with different approaches how to solve them,
including learning to evaluate the costs and benefits of alternative actions.
Participants can receive the following certificates:
- Certificate of Attendance: awarded after the summer school to all participants who have completed the three-week programme.
- Transcript of Records (with credits and grades): awarded only to participants who complete all course requirements and pass the final examination.
EUR 650: Find more information on our website.
None.Register for this course
on course website