23 July 2021
Data Analytics: Tools for Big Dataonline course
The course will be a mix of synchronous Zoom sessions as well as asynchronous activities
and quizzes. This course introduces data analytic techniques via quantitative tools and
sophisticated software (R and Tableau). These techniques are drawn from machine
learning, data mining, and optimization. Note that this is not a technical or theoretical
course. This course does not aim to produce experts in statistical analysis; rather, the aim
is to provide students competency to interact with and manage a team of analytics
professionals. Furthermore, this is not a technical or theoretical course; we will instead
focus on the application of analytics techniques to real business situations, with the
aim of creating insight and value.
Mamani Hamed, University of Washington, Seattle, United States
Master students and Bachelor students in their final year of study
Our course goals are the following:
1. Students should be able to think critically about data analysis, which includes selecting
the right type of analysis for a given task.
2. Students should be able to identify opportunities of applying data analytics, in real
3. Students should be well equipped to become data-savvy managers.
Certificate of Attendance: awarded at the end of the summer school to all students who complete the 3-week programme.
Transcript of records (with credits and grades): awarded only to students who complete all course obligations and pass the final examination.
EUR 500: What is included?
- tuition for online synchronous lectures and access to all course materials/software/platforms;
- non-refundable registration/administrative fee,
- Certificate of Attendance and Transcript of records;
- professional administrative support before, during and after the programme;
- some organized activities during the programme to foster the intercultural experience.