8 July 2022
on course website
English Language and Cultureonline course
This course is for anyone who’d like to improve their English language skills whilst learning about the culture and people of the UK.
It includes online based English studies and plenty of time building your confidence and applying your new English skills whilst having fun and meeting new people.
On this course you’ll spend time with your language tutor, building your skills and confidence in listening, reading, speaking and writing.
You’ll take part in interactive online workshops, and there’ll be plenty of fun opportunities for practising your skills in smaller groups.
During the course you will:
• complete engaging exercises set by an expert tutor
• understand what is local culture and heritage in the UK
• expand your knowledge of vocabulary and grammar
• research a group project on a subject of special interest
• build confidence in English speaking and writing
• look at videos of UK culture and regional accents to understand the language used
• develop your formal and informal English language speaking skills
• present the project to fellow students.
You will work in small groups on a project related to the culture, history and heritage of the UK. You will receive input on the topic in the form of reading texts and be given time to research your topic and gather information. Each group will present a project at the end of the course as both a visual poster and an oral presentation, receiving detailed feedback on their work from your teacher.
This course is for anyone who’d like to improve their English language skills whilst learning about the culture and people of the UK. You should have a IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent.
By the end of the course you’ll have built confidence in verbal, visual and written communication.
You should be able to:
• clarify and seek further information in English
• Use elements of conversational English vocabulary and grammar
• Collaborate within teams in English to achieve project goals
• Speak about the UK, it’s people and culture with confidence.
On successfully completing this course you will receive 5 cps recorded on an official NTU results transcript, a certificate and a digital skills badge.
GBP 125: Tuition fee includes our exciting social and cultural programme and the opportunity to earn our Cultural Diversity Digital Badge, and the support of NTU Buddies.Register for this course
on course website