7 August 2022
Green Building Solutions
Green.Building.Solutions. (GBS) is an academic English-speaking Summer University aiming at increasing knowledge of and raising awareness for sustainability in the field of building, construction and urban planning. The interdisciplinary training encompasses the ecological, economic, technical and social aspects of the built environment.
It takes place in Vienna from July 16 to August 7, 2022.
During this master-level program, international students from architecture, building design, engineering sciences or related fields deepen their knowledge of passive house technology as well as energy efficiency in buildings through a digital program of lectures, discussions, excursions to best practice examples and workshops, together with experts.
Organized by OeAD student housing, BOKU University Vienna, TU Vienna, University of Vienna, Danube University Krems, University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien, Austrian Institute of Technology, Reinberg Architekten ZT, passathon & Lang Consulting
The GBS Summer University is aimed at international students and professionals in the field of architecture, building design, urban planning, engineering sciences, construction, property development, facility and energy management as well as all related topics dealing with the built environment. We also invite people with study backgrounds such as resource planning, ecology, landscape planning to apply.
GBS aims at increasing knowledge in sustainable construction worldwide to counteract climate change and resource scarcity. It was initiated to pass on Austrian knowledge about passive house planning, ecological building and sustainable design strategies to the next generation of green builders. The program adds on to the participants’ qualifications - who act as ambassadors in their home country, locally applying and multiplying the knowledge.
Students receive a certificate showing 7 ECTS and the modules of the curriculum after successful completion of the program (application until April 18th, 2022 mandatory!)
EUR 2000: Regular participation fee:
For students: EUR 2.000, -
For professionals: EUR 2.490, -
Included in your participation fee:
- Certificate showing 7 ECTS after a successful completion*
- All costs for the lectures and lecture-related activities (field trips and excursions)
- All costs related to extra-curricular activities as shown in the program
- Catered evening events (opening and closing ceremony, traditional wine tavern dinner)
- Public transport tickets for the duration of the summer university
- Realization of a real-life case study through project work and guidance by experts
- Fully furnished accommodation in an OeAD-Passive House student guesthouse with the option to extend the stay for an
additional week at no extra cost
* Students need to apply until April 18, 2022, to receive an official university certificate on 7 ECTS-credits from the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU). All students additionally receive a participation certificate.
More information on course-website.
There are scholarships available for outstanding students. If you are in need of a scholarship please be sure to apply until April 18th, 2022. The reduced fee for scholarship holders is as little as EUR 490,-.
More information on course website.