12 August 2022
Management Consulting Essentials - Think Like a Consultant
Over the years much has been said about management consulting and this industry has been in constant transformation, growth and reinvention. With all the buzz, there’s usually a high level of interest by a high number of people in starting a career as management consultants. This course is designed to show participants what consultancy is all about, to introduce the participants to the daily life of management consulting firms and to the way consultants address and solve business problems. Are you ready to be our consultant? Are you ready to learn the tricks of the trade?
Prof. Nuno Pedro
- Extensive experience with more than 20 years executing consulting projects in a diversity of companies, industries and countries
- Specialized in strategic advisor
- Visiting Professor at Iscte Busines School
Bachelor and master level students
At the end of the course the student should be able to:
• Understand key business concepts and their relevance for consulting
• Learn an approach for problem solving that cuts across industry, functions and business size
• Develop competences in working proficiently with management consulting toolkit (e.g., problem
solving, PowerPoint, Excel) and developing soft skills (e.g., communication skills, client counselling)
• Identify key steps in the management consulting recruiting process, especially networking with key
Unfortunatly, there is no scholarship available for summer schools but we can recommend this website: http:\\www.scholarshipportal.eu/ where you may look for some financial support to come to Lisbon.
EUR 1150: (Students from Iscte partner universities - 1 000€)
The programme on campus fee includes:
• Course materials;
• Team Building event;
• Use of the library, PC labs and Iscte facilities;
• Public transportation card in Lisbon;
• Airport pick-up service (to be confirmed);
• Welcome lunch and farewell session,
• Transcript of Records or Certificate of attendance (in case the student does not complete the course with success).
Some leisure activities, such as visits to museums and trips outside Lisbon, are not included in this fee and are paid upon arrival in Lisbon.
Unfortunately, there is no scholarship available for our summer school.