11 August 2023
Business Data Science with Python
The course of Business Data Science with Python contains the learning materials, practices and case studies to develop the knowledge and skills of the students in the field of data science and its application in the real business/work world.
The students will learn how to apply analytical techniques and scientific principles to extract valuable information from business data for decision-making, strategic planning.
This skills-based specialization is intended for learners who have a basic programming background and want to apply statistical, machine learning, information visualization, and data analysis techniques through python programming language and other tools.
Dr. Hamid Mostofi is senior researcher at faculty 1 of Technical University of Berlin. His main research interests and projects are application of data science techniques in the business and social sciences.
This course is designed for current university students, working professionals and any individuals with an interest in furthering their knowledge and skills in programming with Python for Data Science.
Bachelor (2nd year) or Master's students from all fields and disciplines are welcome.
• Understanding statistical association and the difference between causation and correlation
• Understanding and developing the skills to apply descriptive techniques and Statistical inference in the real business cases, social and marketing studies
• Structural Equation Modeling SEM, Confirmatory Factor analysis CFA , Path analysis
• Time-series Analysis
• Advanced visualization techniques as an initial step to solve data analysis problems, including Geo-based visualization and Network visualization
• Machine Learning (ML) process, supervised vs unsupervised, validation approaches, over/ under fitting
• Introduction to basic Clustering approaches
• Introduction to basic Classification approaches
• Introduction to Social Network concept and its principles and applications.
EUR 1950: for students
EUR 2340: for working professionals
The TU Berlin Summer School will be offering one scholarship, the TU Berlin President’s Scholarship to an exceptional applicant applying to participate in the 2023 TU Berlin Summer School on-campus program.