21 June 2024
Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity
The FEBT Summer school Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity is designed for students who want to develop their creative potential to innovate and who are intrigued with the world of entrepreneurship. The main objective of the programme is to develop creative thinking and foster greater initiative and to understand the key stages of the entrepreneurial process. The experts with international experience in start-up mentoring will coach students in teams through the process of idea generation, execution and the pitch. After the course completion, the participants will be able to identify and analyse market opportunities and execute feasibility analysis, develop the key components of the entrepreneurial venture and to defend the potential of their idea to the panel during the pitch.
Vlatka Škokić, Associate professor of Entrepreneurship at Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split and a Visiting research fellow at University of Surrey, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, UK.
- Last-year undergraduates
- Graduate students
- Students in other applied fields wishing to improve their knowledge in the field
At the end of the class the participant will be able to:
- Recognise and discuss the importance of creativity and innovation in entrepreneurship.
- Explain different types of innovation and critically evaluate the differences between an idea and an innovation.
- Critically evaluate entrepreneurial ecosystem for the idea development.
- Design a conceptual model of a viable business.
- Apply teamwork skills in an international environment.
- Evaluate entrepreneurial mind-set for either a) your own entrepreneurial journey or b) for being a valued corporate team member (intrapreneur), or c) for working within government or the not-for-profit sector (civic or social entrepreneurs).
The participants will be evaluated based on active participation in the classes as well as based on the business pitch (oral presentation to the panel).
The goal of the business pitch is to replicate the real life scenario where entrepreneurs have to be able to support their idea, demonstrate its potential and secure the initial capital to start their ventures. This form of assessment also develops their analytical, critical, team working and presentation skills.
EUR 545: This is a reduced rate for early bookings ("Early bird" rate) and applies if application materials are received by April 15, 2024.
EUR 645: This is a regular rate and applies if application materials are received by May 15, 2024.